To join now, download and complete a MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION form.
Your completed form can be returned to the PSA:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post to GPO Box 2170, Adelaide SA, 5001 (no stamp required)
Fax on 8223 6509
Join a Friend and Win!
Recruit a new member to the PSA/CPSU and you could go into the draw to win your choice of $100 gift card for you, and a $50 gift card for the member you recruit.
Your union is only as strong as the strength of its members. Many non members say they have never been asked to join and who better than a colleague to explain about the benefits of PSA Membership?
Simply write 'Join a Friend' along with your name and contact details on a membership form and recruit a colleague.
The more members your sign up, the more chances you have to win!
Winners must be financial members of the PSA/ CPSU who are eligible under the Association Rules, except paid elected officials and employees of the PSA/CPSU.
The winner must have made at least one payment at the time of drawing.
Winners will be notified by phone or email.
The gift card is to be selected from either Coles, Woolworths, Foodland, or Harris Scarfe.
Competition winners will have their name and worksite featured in the PSA Publication The Public Sector Review.
The competition will run until 30 June 2017 with a winner drawn each month. The draw will close COB on the last day of each month.
- Casual memberships are not eligible.
10 Good Reasons To Join The PSA
1) Better Wages and Conditions. Union members have their wages and conditions negotiated by trained, experienced staff.
2) Protect Your Entitlements. Unions fought for and maintained - overtime rates, annual leave, sick leave, long service leave payments, maternity leave, leave loading, penalty rates, maximum working hours, compulsory superannuation, equal pay for women and trade union training leave. PSA membership protects these entitlements for you.
When long service leave entitlements were cut and recreational leave abolished in 2010, the PSA campaigned and won reinstatement of leave loading and a new retention provision and won its case in the High Court.
3) Better Workplace Health and Safety. The PSA works to ensure that employers protect their employees from risks to their health and safety.
4) Comprehensive Workplace Advice. Members can access expert industrial advice and representation from specialist PSA staff. Our Members Rights Hotline is a dedicated phone line for member enquiries, available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
5) Save Money. Members enjoy a wide range of benefits and savings through the Ambassador Card at shops, restaurants, hotels and more. PSA membership also saves you money with discounted health insurance through Health Partners, Coles and Woolworths gift cards, metro cards and movie tickets. Take advantage of our holiday homes located throughout SA and New Zealand. The homes are available to rent at budget rates for members only. Union membership fees are tax deductible too!
6) Influence Policy. The PSA has successfully campaigned to protect and improve conditions of employment. PSA members have the opportunity to contribute to and influence issues at a workplace, agency or political level through industrial forums and meetings with Ministers The PSA commissions research on public sector policy issues and makes Budget submissions in order to promote the role of the public sector.
7) Stay Informed. PSA members are provided with up to date information about their working environment. Stay informed with our regular website updates, network of Workplace Reps, quarterly 'Review' magazine and agency specific communications on topics that are important to you.
8) Legal Advice and Assistance. PSA members have access to seek legal advice, assistance and family mediation services through our free Legal Services Scheme. Legal representation covers a large number of non work related areas.
9) Journey Accident Cover. PSA membership provides free income protection from the minute that you join, through our Journey Accident Cover. You will be covered for up to $1,200 per week for up to 104 weeks plus death and disability insurance up to $100,000.
10) Strength In Numbers. Belonging to a union helps to empower members to make positive changes at their workplace. Be a part of a strong network of like minded people across the public sector. Join today!
Membership also provides you with additional services and benefits, including:
And much more.
The PSA/CPSU is run by its members and is organised so you can contribute to decisions about policies and activities.
Only members can access the comprehensive benefits provided and be represented by the PSA. The PSA is unable to take on any pre-existing issues, so it is important to make sure you are a member and not leave yourself exposed should you ever need assistance.
The cost of membership is 0.95% of substantive base salary (plus GST).